At All Saints our vision is that learning should be challenging, exciting and fun. We want all our students to achieve to the best of their ability and to leave school with a thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind and the skills to continue on to a life time of learning.
For more information about how our curriculum promotes preparation for and appreciation of life in modern Britain, please click here to read more about our British Values curriculum.
Please address any enquiries about our curriculum to Mrs C Siddall. Emails can be sent to: email@example.com.
Key Stage 3 Curriculum
Students attending All Saints will follow Key Stage 3 of the National Curriculum during Year 7 and Year 8. Key Stage 3 subjects are all compulsory to students at All Saints:
- Design and technology
- Modern foreign languages
- Art and Design
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
At the end of Year 8 your child will choose which subjects they will study at Key Stage 4. Their studies in many of these subjects will lead to nationally recognised qualifications – GCSEs or equivalent. The school will give you information about options in Year 8. Your child will find it helpful if you talk over these choices with them.
Key Stage 4 Curriculum
At the end of Key Stage 4 most pupils sit national examinations, usually GCSEs. Your child will also be able to choose from a range of vocational qualifications. In Key Stage 4, your child will study a mix of compulsory and optional subjects. The compulsory subjects are:
- GCSE English Language (AQA)
- GCSE English Literature (AQA)
- GCSE Mathematics (Edexcel)
- GCSE Science – Triple award GCSE or Trilogy (AQA)
- GCSE Religious Studies (Eduqas)
- GCSE Geography (AQA) or GCSE History (AQA)
- GCSE French (AQA) or GCSE Spanish (AQA) (for most students)
- Information Technology – core programme
- Physical Education – core programme
- PSHE – careers education, citizenship and financial management
The subjects which are optional include:
- GCSE Art, Craft and Design (AQA)
- GCSE Art and Design – Textiles (AQA)
- GCSE Business (Edexcel)
- GCSE Computing (OCR)
- Level 1/Level 2 Tech Award in Dance (Edexcel)
- GCSE Design Technology (AQA)
- GCSE Drama (OCR)
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition (AQA)
- GCSE French (AQA) or GCSE Spanish (AQA)
- Level 1/Level 2 Tech Award in Health and Social Care (Edexcel)
- GCSE Music (AQA)
- BTEC NQF First Award in Sport (OCR)
- GCSE Physical Education (AQA)
The number of optional subjects varies each year.
Key Stage 5 Information
All Saints strives to offer a wide range of A levels and BTEC courses and to accommodate most combinations of subjects. We pride ourselves on building our option structure around current student choices which gives us great flexibility in meeting your particular combination of subject. Please see our sixth form course guide for the subjects we offer.